Farah Khan tied Rakhi on Sajid's wrist


Inspite of being a Muslim, choreographer turned director Farah Khan celebrated Rakhi with full tradition and gaiety. She tied Rakhi to her rakhi brother Sajid Nadiadwala. Sajid who is producing ‘Housefull’ in London was about to fly back to Mumbai to be with his wife and children but on Farah Khan’s request, he stayed back. Farah is choreographing Sajid’s film.

Sajid confirms delaying his return, "I was to board a flight to Mumbai yesterday but Farah had bought a beautiful rakhi for me from Mumbai and she requested me to stay back. Farah and I have always been very close and I can never refuse her anything she wants.

Yesterday, we had a formal Raksha Bandhan ceremony where Farah got the traditional thali with diyas, sweets, roli tika, rice, shagun ka nariyal along with the dhaaga and tied rakhis to Sajid (Khan) and me. It was very sweet and I was very touched that Farah had remembered the festival and gone to so much effort for us. I haven't yet decided what to gift Farah. She can ask for anything..."

Farah and Sajid have been very close for years. Sajid supported Farah’s decision of marrying to Shirish years back. Sajid even funded Shirish direction debut Jaan-E-Mann starring Akshay Kumar and Salman Khan in the lead. But soon after that there has been a fall out between the two and Farah cut ties with Sajid. Their relationship again established when Sajid became father and she became mother of triplet.


courtesy : Bollywoodmantra.com